Topic: Discuss mathematical techniques and procedures used and explain how it relates to something in everyday life.
The paper should relate the mathematical topics discussed in class to other subject areas such as: your home, work, society, politics, current events, art, science, technology, business, economics, finance, sports, health, law or other areas not listed here.
Your paper should
1. Describe the projects goals and aims.
2. Discuss mathematical techniques and procedures used.
3. Explain how mathematics is used as a tool for learning.
4. Summarize your work.
5. State conclusions.
6. State all references accurately.
7. Say how you will apply what you have learned.
8. Write your opinion on the value of this project.
1. Mathematics as part of a business plan.
2. Genetics and probability.
4. Real Estate.
5. Budgets and money management.
6. Investment applications.
7. Interest rates, risk ,the stock market.
10. Heating and cooling interiors.
11. Fibonacci numbers in art and science.
12. Number systems.
13. The golden ratio.
14. Pascal’s triangle.
15. Social science applications.
16. Statistics in elections.
Class topics throughout the semester included: solving Equations, inequalities, graphing, systems of equations, polynomials, factoring, rational expressions, radicals, and quadratics
Beginning and Intermediate Algebra by Tyler Wallace.
This text is published by the open source library, and is available for free download at:http://Wallace.ccfaculty.org/book/book.html